Friday, July 8, 2011

Not Knowing

I remember that quote by Watchman Nee that my church mates shared to me. I decided to make a poster to also practice my Photoshop skills ;)

Right now, I am second guessing every major decision that I made. Maybe I shouldn't have done this, maybe it's better if chose this or that, etc.

Yes, now that I am plunged into uncertainty, I find myself asking the Lord more often if I should do a certain thing or not. I don't know if I interpret answers correctly, but I keep coming for 'consultations'. Sometimes I just say, "I'm going to do this." I don't know if it's right, all I know is that I prayed before doing it.

In difficult times, I learned that it's hard if you are bitter. You 'know' or people say that God is sovereign, He is good, loving, He knows what He's doing, etc.  But if you are bitter, no matter how good the intentions are, you won't see or believe in it.  I also enjoyed a hymn which we sometimes sing during church meetings. One of the stanza says:
"And if the way is hard,
If things don't go my way,
Keep my heart soft to You,
Keep me open to You."
Click on the link to read the whole hymn. The website also plays the tune and has music sheet for piano and guitar. :)

I believe even bloopers are part of God's sovereignty. I may not understand things right not. I just take the hymn as my prayer, that whatever it is that I would go through, I would not be bitter. Instead, I would keep having those hundreds and thousands of conversations with the Lord :)

No comments:

Post a Comment